Sunglasses are a fun way to experiment with eyewear accessories. They can be easily mixed and matched with different outfits and more avant garde looks are often encouraged. When you want a more unique vintage style, cat eye sunglasses are often the best choice with their fun shapes, bright colors, and exciting embellishments.
Vintage cat eye glasses are often the perfect accessory to add some flair to your sun protection, but with the wide range of options available, it can be helpful to start with some style inspiration.
Cat Eye Glasses Frames that are Great for Sunglasses
Nearly a century old, the cat eye frame style offers a lot of different options to choose from. The quintessential 1950s cat eye sunglasses are always an iconic look while 1980s cat eye sunglasses are going to be a little closer to modern glasses, but with the perfect amount of charm. You can also create a pair of cat eye sunglasses that are uniquely you by choosing an authentic pair of metal cat eye frames and adding in your favorite color sunglass lenses.
For inspiration, some unique ideas for vintage cat eye sunglasses include:
- Silver Cat Eye Sunglasses – In the 1940s and early 50s, many women’s cat eye glasses were made from silver-toned metal. These thick metal frames will be unique on sunglasses, but look great when catching sunlight.
- Rhinestone Cat Eye Sunglasses – Rhinestones are to cat eye glasses as sunglasses are to days at the beach. A pair of cat eye sunglasses with rhinestones in the corner is not only perfect for that vintage look, but those rhinestone glasses will look great when they sparkle outdoors.
- Tortoise Shell Cat Eye Sunglasses – A pair of tortoise shell cat eye frames with dark lenses is a classic look reminiscent of some of the most glamorous stars of the 1950s and 60s.
- 1980s Cat Eye Sunglasses – As the decades went on, cat eye frames got larger. Cat eye glasses from these decades stand out, and the larger lenses can offer a little more sun protection as well.
- Acetate Cat Eye Sunglasses – Colorful cat eye sunglasses make it possible to bring some personality to your eyewear and acetate glasses from the 1950s often came in a range of bright colors, making it possible to find the sunglasses that best match your style.
This list is only to get you started in searching for the right pair of cat eye sunglasses. Another good place to look for inspiration for the best style of vintage women’s sunglasses for you is in our selection of cat eye glasses at Eyeglasses Warehouse. We have several original cat eye sunglasses from the 1950s, 60s, 70s, and later as well as an extensive collection of optical quality cat eye frames that you can turn into your own pair of cat eye sunglasses. Check out all the classes we have available here to find your perfect pair.